Friday, July 13, 2012

Effortless by S.C. Stephens

A lot can happen in a year. You grow, you change, you learn from your mistakes. And Kiera had made a lot of mistakes to learn from. But she had learned, and she was determined to never cause a man pain again, especially the amazing man who currently held her heart. But life offers new challenges for every relationship, and when Kiera’s love is put to the ultimate test, will it come out the other side unscathed?
Initial Thoughts:
I loved Thoughtless (see my review here), so I figured I would love the follow up too.

The Pros:
I liked that Kellan didn't automatically take her back. She did some pretty messed up things, things that take awhile to sort out.

The portrayal of post-breakup Keira is dead on for how I have felt going through a breakup. You don't want to go anywhere, put on real clothes, or listen to anyone's advice.

Hearing about Kellan's tattoo mid-breakup pity party nearly killed my heart. Too dang sweet.

I think this book accurately portrays life on the road as an upcoming band. The questioning of fidelity, the availability of groupies, the distance. I think the author really showed the emotion of it.

Speaking of emotions, I felt so much of it reading this book. My heart hurt for Keira being so far away from Kellan when she needed him.

The Cons:
Why in the world would she not tell Kellan about Denny being back? Holding back secrets means you think you're doing something wrong, so don't do it!

The ending. As a girl, I would not be okay with that. But that may just be being selfish :)

Kellan's "secret" should have been shared with Keira from the beginning. It could have saved her so much heartbreak!

The Wrap Up: 4.5/5
I liked this one better than Thoughtless. Which I didn't think would be possible. There will be a book #3 in this series, and I honestly cannot wait for it to come out.

Favorite Quote:
"Ethics and I had crossed paths recently, and I'm not sure that I feel on the right side of the morality line."

Want to have your socks knocked off by Kellan Kyle? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment