Friday, July 27, 2012

Point of No Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Hardships and heartache brought them together…now it will tear them apart. Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.’

Initial Thoughts:
I read Slammed, and some part of me needed to complete the story. I guess that's just the OCD in me.

The Pros:
The addition of Kiersten and her mom was the best part of this book.

The author managed to make me use "butterflying" as a curse word. Hilarious.

I liked how the two families came together to form one non-traditional family. Will being present for both boys at Dad's Day at school was particularly heart warming.

The Cons:
The crash storyline. I didn't like it.

I was disappointed to see that the book was written from Will's POV. I'm not sure why.

Layken acted a tad bit childish for a girl who asked to have a lot put on her.

The Wrap Up: 3/5
I appear to be the only person on Goodreads who wasn't completely enamored with this series. It just fell flat to me.

Favorite Quote:
"He's got one of those intelligent phones. He's trying to twit the president."

Will you retreat or march forward with Point of Retreat? Click here to march forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment