|For almost two years now, Kiera’s boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she’s ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart. Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he’s purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes…and none of them will ever be the same.|
- I didn't like the cover that was shown on Goodreads. It looked like a 5th grader designed it. Yes, I am known to judge a book by its cover. Not that this version of the cover is much better, but it's an improvement. Also, I was on a bit of a college romance kick when I read this, so I figured I would like it.
- When I heard that this book was set in Seattle, I automatically thought of Fifty Shades. This book is NOTHING like Fifty. In a good way. Thoughtless shows the nitty gritty, non-touristy, and not so ritzy parts of Seattle.
- Pete's Bar is the setting for a lot of the book and I feel like I have been there a million times. It takes on the persona of your favorite bar, with your favorite patrons, and I could see myself sitting back and having a few with the regulars.
- Kellan is dreamy.
- Kellan is dreamy.
- Kellan is dreamy. Yes, it needed to be said three times.
- I felt like I was in that scene from Anchorman where he says "I'm in a glass case of emotion!" for most of the book. I was happy, angry, and sad all at the same time. This book got me a few times with a few tears trickling down my cheeks.
- Passion. There was lots and lots of it.
- I don't think I'm a very big Kiera fan. Her wishy-washy attitude towards the two boys made me want to give her a talking to quite a few times. Just when you think she's made a decision, she changes her mind. It was infuriating, but it kept me reading.
- The unforeseen circumstance involving Denny made me mad. If you had been with someone for two years, wouldn't you think you would consult them after she just moved across the country with you?
- Griffin's character made me a bit uncomfortable. I didn't feel like he added much to the story line with his antics.
The Wrap Up: 4/5
- This book was a quick read and utterly engrossing. Kiera changed her mind about every five seconds, leaving me turning pages as fast as I could to find out her next decision. I could not put it down. I was so thrilled to hear that there was a sequel, because I needed to find out what happens after the cliff hanger ending.
- "He said I was his heart, and you don't leave your heart behind. You can't live without your heart."
Click here to buy a copy and start reading!