Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Librarian by Logan Belle

Inspired by the story of the iconic Bettie Page, Logan Belle’s sizzling erotic novel explores the transformation of Regina Finch from shy librarian to the object of one powerful man’s all-consuming desire.

Regina Finch, brilliant and bookish, has worked her way up to her dream job as a librarian at the Main Branch of the New York Public Library. But her discovery of the sordid sexual adventures of a rakish, young billionaire among the hallowed halls and sacred stacks of the library unleashes a confusing blend of repulsion and desire that threatens to consume her. It is only through her introduction to the work of Bettie Page—the world’s most popular ingenue-turned-fetish-model—and Page’s own sexual awakening that Regina can hope to discover her sexual prowess and seduce the man she loves.

Initial Thoughts:
I was given an ARC of this novel through NetGalley. Also, a book about a librarian? Sold.

The Pros:
I absolutely adored that Regina was a librarian. People see librarians as grandmother type figures that are uptight and stuffy. This book blew that stereotype out of the water.

The reverence that the author paid the New York Public Library was amazing. I felt like I was right there in the library with Regina and Sebastian. 

The author touched on the all too real subject of our nation's libraries closing. This is a SERIOUS issue and more attention needs to be paid to it.

I loved the character of Carly. In the beginning of the book I didn't care for her much, but as the book goes on and her relationship with Regina grows, I also grew to love her.

The relationship between Regina and Sebastian was not your typical BDSM relationship that you see in many novels these days. The padlock Tiffany necklace instead of a collar was a nice touch.

The Cons:
While I feel like Regina's character was well developed, I thought Sebastian's was underdeveloped. 

The ending felt cut off and short. It left a lot of questions unanswered.

I didn't like the name Regina. Maybe because I had a nun in school named Sister Regina. Who knows.

The Wrap Up: 4/5
This was not your typical romance novel and I loved it. I will definitely be checking out other books by this author.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so getting this. As soon as I get home. OR if I can remember what my NetGalley login is because it's super weird and I don't know why I wouldn't make it an easy one. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds great!! I definite get sad about libraries closing and have guilt pangs because I own a nook color reading tablet. I still borrow books from time to time, but it's easier to order on my nook.

    ReplyDelete