Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Knight by Kristen Ashley

Anya Gage has learned that to get anything good in life, you have to work for it. She has no expectations, no dreams. Then she finds herself at a party where she doesn’t want to be and she meets Knight. Knight Sebring knows who he is, what he wants and what he likes. And he gets it. But he never expected something as sweet as Anya Gage to wander into his bedroom during a party he did not expect to be having to borrow his phone. Knight tries to leave Anya to the life she deserves of white picket fences and a man who watches football on Sundays – good, normal and clean. But when Anya comes to his nightclub and finds herself in a situation, he knows someone has to look after her, he can’t fight it anymore and he decides that man will be him. Knight teaches Anya that, just as with the bad, in life you should also expect the good. And he teaches her this by giving it to her. But Knight has a dark past and just as he desires Anya for exactly who she is, he fears when she finds out exactly the man he has become and always intends to be, she’ll leave him for good, normal and clean.

Initial Thoughts:
I have grown to LOVE Kristen Ashley books. I have read the entire Colorado Mountain Man, Mystery Man, and Rock Chick Series. I'm currently working my way through the 'Burg series, but this one by her caught my eye, so I took a break from the 'Burg to read this one.

The Pros:
This book was completely different than Ashley's other novels. It was a refreshing change of pace for her.

Ashley left behind her normal Denverite speak for this one. I can't decide if that's good or bad, I think I've grown to like it.

Knight was MUCH hotter than KA's other novels. Much. Much. Much much. 

There were some really sweet quotes from Knight that made me go all "awwwwww!" 

The Cons:
Anya calling Knight "Daddy". Um. Ew?

It felt like a Fifty Shades knock off, and not in a good way.

Knight's actual  business was SHOCKING. And how could Anya stay with him after that? She barely even thought about it.

The whole novel felt a little rushed. Maybe she should have broken it down into two books and took a little more time on character development.

The Wrap Up: 3/5
I think I like Kristen Ashley's typical novels better. This one just seemed a little too forced for me, and the "Daddy" bit creeped me right out.

Favorite Quote:
" 'Wars fought over a face like this,' he murmured like he was talking to himself, my heart stopped beating and his thumbs moved lightly across my cheeks. 'A man would work himself into the ground for it, go down to his knees to beg to keep it, endure torture to protect it, take a bullet for it,' his eyes came to mine, 'poison his brother to possess a face like this.' "

Buy Knight by Kristen Ashley on Amazon now.

No comments:

Post a Comment