Monday, August 27, 2012

Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning

Five stunning guys, one hot woman, and a feverish romance... For him, life is all music and no play... When Brian Sinclair, lead songwriter and guitarist of the hottest metal band on the scene, loses his creative spark, it will take nights of downright sinful passion to release his pent-up genius... She's the one to call the tune... When sexy psychologist Myrna Evans goes on tour with the Sinners, every boy in the band tries to seduce her. But Brian is the only one she wants to get her hands on... Then the two lovers' wildly shocking behavior sparks the whole band to new heights of glory...and sin...

Initial Thoughts:
This was one of the "must read after Fifty Shades" books that were recommended to me. The cover looked a little steamier than I was used to, but I figured it was worth a try.

The Pros:
Character development. You got to know each of the characters so well in this book. I figure that's because each guy is going to have his own novel, but it made the story so much richer by giving you info on all the people involved in the storyline.

This book had an actual plot. Yes. You read right. An erotic romance with an actual plot. And it was GOOD.

Myrna is a smart, no-nonsense lady. I liked that.

Brian = biggest sweetheart I could ever dream up. He has the biggest heart.

I love me some rockstar romances, and this was the epitome of it.

This book was FUNNY. There was a lot of moments that had me laughing out loud.

The Cons:
The name Myrna. Really? I get that she was supposed to be sexy librarian-like but the old lady name was really "ew" to me.

They probably could have toned down the sex a bit. There were parts where I was like "uhhh... again?".

"Master Sinclair" was a little creepy. It was an alter ego that didn't fit Brian at all.

The situation with Brian's parents seemed forced. It probably could have been left out.

The Wrap Up: 4/5
Probably the best erotic romance I've read since Fifty Shades. It didn't quite have the plot line pros that Fifty did, but it wasn't just smut.

Favorite Quote:
"I need a million dollars to pay the ransom on my kidnapped poodle."

No comments:

Post a Comment